The Coast's third annual Halifax Oyster Festival
September 29 + 30 , 2017, three sessions this year!!
- Oysters! Oysters!
The third annual Halifax Oyster Festival is back on the Halifax waterfront offering the unique convergence of Maritime sea and land terriors.
3-hour sessions include:
- All-you-can-sample raw oysters from 17 Canadian oyster farms and one French oyster!
- A selection of chowder, bbq, fries and clams to purchase
- Wine, craft beer, cider, caesars samples to purchase
- Shuck n' learn station
- 3rd annual Nova Scotia Oyster Shucking Competition on the Gahan House stage with host Oyster Shucking Champ Daniel Notkin
- Amateur and pro caesar drink making competition presented by Walter Caeser Mix
- Select Nova Scotia Store to purchase packaged oysters and oyster paraphanelia to take home
- Be the first to find a pearl in an oyster and win a strand of freshwater pearls from FireWorks Gallery.
Children under 12 are free, strollers are strongly discouraged.
Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
More information at oysterfest.ca
Halifax Oyster Festival is produced by The Coast, Halifax's weekly newspaper.
Photos by Riley Smith, video by Meghan Tansey Whitton