The Coast's third annual Halifax Oyster Festival
Saturday September 30th, 2017, two sessions 2-5pm & 7-10pm
The third annual Halifax Oyster Festival is back on the Halifax waterfront offering the unique convergence of Maritime sea and land terriors.
3-hour sessions include:
- All-you-can-slurp raw oysters
- Greeting sample of Benjamin Bridge's Nova 7 sparkling wine
- A selection of chowder, lobster rolls and mussels to purchase
- Wine, craft beer, cider, Caesars samples to purchase (More stations than last year!)
- Shuck N' Learn station
- 3rd annual Nova Scotia Oyster Shucking Competition
- Select Nova Scotia Store to purchase packaged oysters, wine and oyster paraphanelia to take home
Children under 12 are free, strollers are strongly discouraged.
Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
More information at oysterfest.ca
Halifax Oyster Festival is produced by The Coast, Halifax's weekly newspaper.
Photos by Riley Smith, video by Meghan Tansey Whitton