The Coast's third annual Halifax Oyster Festival
September 29 + 30 , 2017, three sessions this year!!
- Oysters! Oysters!
The third annual Halifax Oyster Festival is back on the Halifax waterfront offering the unique convergence of Maritime sea and land terriors.
3-hour sessions include:
- All-you-can-sample raw oysters from 15+ Canadian oyster farms
- Greeting sample of Benjamin Bridge's Nova 7 sparkling wine
- A selection of chowder, bbq and other eats to purchase
- Wine, craft beer, cider, caesars samples to purchase
- Shuck n' learn station
- 3rd annual Nova Scotia Oyster Shucking Competition on the Gahan House stage
- Amateur and pro caesar drink making competition presented by Walter Caeser Mix
- Select Nova Scotia Store to purchase packaged oysters, wine and oyster paraphanelia to take home
- Oyster sauce competition! Winner has their receipe made for next year's festival.
Children under 12 are free, strollers are strongly discouraged.
Children under 19 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
More information at oysterfest.ca
Halifax Oyster Festival is produced by The Coast, Halifax's weekly newspaper.
Photos by Riley Smith, video by Meghan Tansey Whitton
Halifax Oyster Festival presents:
The Pearl Jam
An insider tour of Maritime oysters and cocktails with John Bil
Thu, Sep 28 at 7pm
- no refunds or exchanges
The Pearl Jam is a unique event to kick off this year’s Halifax Oyster Festival. We have asked local chefs and oyster farmers to create a menu to showcase some of the world’s best oysters. Eat, listen and learn from these salty dogs in a small group setting. Enjoy cocktail pairings at every station. Hosted by Toronto restauranteur John Bil.
Menu designed in collaboration with Chef Dennis Johnston, FID Resto, Halifax, NS
Some proceeds of the evening will go to the Back To The Sea Society.
Back to the Sea Society is a non-profit dedicated to sparking curiosity for local marine life off the coast of Nova Scotia
and to fostering a desire to protect our ocean
Ticket includes raw oysters, cocktails and take home recipe card.
limited tickets available